Friday, April 8, 2016

Selecting Target Groups and Arranging for the Survey to be Administered

A lot of this week was spent contacting various teachers at other schools to see if administering my survey at a public high school would be a possibility. Many many emails later, I learned I'd need to seek district approval before I could proceed with my surveys. Unfortunately, it turns out that the process for seeking approval is very long and wouldn't be completed in time for my project :/

Because of this, I ended up changing the topic of my research again. Instead of looking at the sleeping habits of kids at a BASIS and at a public school, I limited my target group to include just BASIS students. However, since BASIS's high school is small and would only render around 80 usable surveys, I also expanded my target group to all of BASIS Peoria's population (Grades 5-12). I plan to deliver these surveys next week during the lunch periods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment