Friday, April 1, 2016

Creating the Surveys

This week, in addition to my regular schedule at my internship, I begun finalizing the research portion of my project. Seeing as the main goal of my project involves finding trends in the sleeping patterns of students in different school environments, it seemed fitting for me to collect data via a survey.

Truth be told, creating the survey was a lot harder than I had initially expected. The first issue I had was figuring out which questions were important to ask and which ones could be left out (because nobody would opt to fill out a super long survey). The second issue I faced was actually phrasing the questions in a clear and coherent manner. While I, and everyone who helped me write the questions, knew what the expected answer was, I needed to make sure that when I gave the survey to a complete stranger, they would also know what I'm asking them for.

Several drafts and proofreaders later, I think I finally have a working survey! Next, I need to arrange for the surveys to be administered to my target groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment